INTERNATIONAL STRATEGY – HYBRIA 2020/2025
International orientation and experience is an essential part of the innovative hybrid curriculum of HYBRIA Institute of Business and Technologies holder of the Erasmus Charter since 2019.
The PRINCIPLES that drive our international development strategy as a school affiliated to the Lyon Métropole Saint Etienne Roanne Chamber of Commerce and Industry are:
- A qualitative rather than a quantitative approach : we seek to establish strong international relations with different forms of mobility and cooperation that can go as far as accompanying our students in real international business projects or start-ups.
- International development in line with our Lyon – Saint Etienne metropolitan regional anchorage by establishing relations with partners in cities or regions with an economic fabric comparable to that of the CCI Lyon Métropole Saint-Etienne Roanne economic area.
- Search for partners capable of responding to our hybrid approach:
- Located in a strong local industrial and technological ecosystem with excellent relations with innovative companies in their region and country
- Offering a variety of academic programs with a strong focus on business and international trade, but also courses on technical topics.
- A distinctive offer in international mobility in terms of destinations, programs and offered options
- the creation of a true international culture within HYBRIA
After the implementation over the last two years of an offer of academic and professional mobility in year 3 and 4 of the curriculum, HYBRIA established the following STRATEGIC PRIORITIES for the next 5 years between now and 2025:
- Establishment of an offer in English reflecting the specific features of HYBRIA and thus promoting incoming mobility to achieve balanced exchanges with our partners, in particular with ERASMUS+ members and partner countries.
- Increasing the number of quality partner institutions in regions with an economic fabric comparable to that of the Lyon metropolitan area and the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region
- To diversify the exchange opportunities in Europe
- To differentiate ourselves by offering less ” standard ” destinations outside Europe (Georgia, Bahrain, South Korea…) or thematic semester courses in dedicated groups such as the aeronautic excellence program with Kyungwoon University in the Daegu region in South Korea.
- Expanded development of incoming and outgoing mobility through specialized short seminars in cooperation with EKLYA and European and global partners, based on the successful experience of incoming short seminars with several universities led by Keimyung University in South Korea since July 2016.
- Progressive digitalization of international mobilities from the selection to the recognition of credits or experience.
- Organization of internal actions and events with our international partners to develop a European culture within HYBRIA
- In the mid-term, creation of a hybrid double degree in business and engineering sciences with a suitable partner.